My name is Juha Jantunen, I am a software engineer and a photography-hobbyist. I am currently based in Helsinki but I have lived in London and Dubai as well.
This website is about technology, writing software and maybe some photography once I have time and inspiration again. I also use this as a test-bench for stuff I want to try.
You can also find me on:
As this is also a test-bench these are subject to change, but here's a quick list of technologies used to have this thing online:
- Next.js frontend
- JSON:API -backend, powered with Go
- Admin application built on Vite.js single-page app (SPA)
- Separate API for admin, also using JSON:API and Go
- MongoDB for persistence
- nginx www-server doing the front-facing grunt-work
- Dockerized and orchestrated with docker-compose
- Kept up-to-date using Watchtower pulling the Docker images from registry
- GitLab Community Edition hosted on-prem (=in my cellar) for CI/CD
- Matomo for analytics
It is very clear to me that this is all overkill for something that I could host on Wordpress.com for a few dollars a month.